CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Caughtcha!

Oh Fall, lovely fall. It's just so beautiful. Perhaps you won't find this picture attractive, but I just love the changing colors of fall. This picture was taken on a rainy day a few weeks ago as we were getting serious about leaving summer behind for another year.


Lo and behold! Caught her red handed (or would that be green mouthed?). I was on my way upstairs, looked out at the garden, and there she was, eating away merrily. This picture was taken a few weeks ago when we still had a garden. It is all gone now, and Lynn has rototilled the ground for the winter rest.

Just recently I was doing some canning, it was late and terribly dark outside. I had a big bowl full of apple peels that I needed to throw on the compost pile, but it was too dark, so I just set the bowl outside at the end of the front sidewalk. When I went to empty it in the morning, the deer had taken care of that little task for me. Oh great - now I'm feeding them from a bowl! What next???

There was a buck in the driveway recently, too. Maybe he'll hang around for the hunting season. Doubt it.

2 comments:

Those crazy Lewis' said...

Hey Aunt Anne ~ I didn't even know you had a blog but I am so glad I found you. Oh I love your pictures, they are beautiful. I just love you SO much!
Adrienne

anitawarnick.com said...

Your deers do look quite plump:-) I love the fall I think it is so beautiful! You are making miss Oregon!:-)