CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Art Book Mystery


Today I was at the Goodwill store looking for used art books when Travis called to say that someone had come into Henley High School and left a big stack of books for me. I was surprised and eager to see what might possibly be there. He said that when he saw the title "Monet" he knew the books were meant for me and not for him. Imagine how shocked and completely thrilled I was to find these beautiful books on French Impressionism, Van Gogh, Treasures of the Smithsonian, American Ballet Theater, The Sistine Chapel, Pablo Picasso, and more. I wonder who left them. Surely it must be someone who knows I am doing art appreciation in the elementary school. And someone who knows I have a son who goes to the high school. I called the one person I think it most likely is and left a voice message on her machine. I told Lynn it is such a mystery, and he said, "Honey, to me art is always a mystery!" I am very thankful to the thoughtful and generous person who shared her treasures with me.





3 comments:

The Smiths said...

Is it giving you the inspiration for the next artists to study? How exciting!

Julie said...

Wow that's a lot of fun stuff! I'm so glad that this has been so fun for you. How often do you go teach at the elementary?
Have fun this weekend seeing your little grandbaby. I can't wait til he comes here in a few weeks!!!

The Constantines said...

Mom, those are sooo awesome!! :) The girl in the purple shirt with me is Whittlee- she is my neighbor and one of my best friends!! I love her so very much :)
Can't wait to see you!
Love you!