CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

blogging

So today I spent a little time helping my mom create a blog of her own. I also taught her how to read everyone else's blogs and how to leave comments. I have had such a great time reading all the relatives' blogs, seeing pictures of the little ones (as well as the big kids), and reading about what everyone is up to, and I am hoping that Grandma and Grandpa will also enjoy seeing how you all are growing and learning and having fun. I can't figure out how to get the "&" thing off their name. Any ideas?

Lynn and I celebrated our 28th anniversary yesterday. We have been married longer than we've been single. In some ways it seems like just yesterday, and at the same time it seems as though we've never NOT been together. We had a yummy ham dinner which we shared with Gma and Gpa and Travis. Gpa did a tender thing: he looked up stuff in his autobiography about me, my mission, Lynn, our engagement and wedding, and Travis' birth. It was fun to hear him read with some emotion about those precious memories. We also laughed over Aunt Kim's experience having her picture plastered all over the news in connection with Sex Education! Funny story from the past.

Molly Phair gave me a good idea. At a book club discussion she had the idea of filling a jar with slips of paper that we've written things we love and appreciate about our husbands. I thought that was a cool idea, so for over a month I've written down the things I am thankful for that Lynn has done for me. I put them together on a poster and gave it to Lynn yesterday. Thank Heaven for good loving husbands! For marriage. For covenants.

4 comments:

Princess Mema said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Anne. I am by no means a blog expert....your lovely niece Julie and her comrade Nicole are the brains behind my header!

LKB said...

Happy Belated birthday, Anne! Hope it was a good one. Take care.

Rohatinsky Family said...

That is a really cute idea!! I'm thankful you and dad have been married so long- we love you both so much!! Can't wait to see you...3 more days!!

The Constantines said...

Too cute :) Keep it comin Mom! I miss you tons girlfran- I love you so very much! You're the best mom EVER! :)